Are you looking for personalised welding training or want to test your welders? GQC offers basic, intermediate and / or advanced welder training package.
GQC welding instructors are highly qualified and experienced and we have our own in-house, certified welding inspector, to witness all coded welder qualification tests. You can schedule your test when you are ready.
GQC training workshop has modern equipment with fully fitted welding booths. GQC can offer full cutting and bevelling facilities for all type of grooves. We also guarantee never to have more than a 6:1 student to trainer ratio, therefore promising you the closest training for your welders at all times.
GQC maintaining stock a range of test coupon material sheet, plate and pipes. Sheet and plate; from 1.8mm to16.0mm and standard pipe sizes range from outside diameter 21.3mm, 114.3mm and 168.3mm (other sizes can be supplied against order).
GQC will works closely with you to adapt your welder training requirements to your specific demands, rather than just offering typical ‘predefined’ fixed duration training. By this way you need to pay for the equipment, facilities and instructor only for the actual days required to reach the standard you need, or take a welder qualification test.
GQC offering personalised professional service to both small and large companies and individuals alike. GQC will conduct pretraining individual assessment to help, clarify and identify your welders current abilities related to the required specification, codes and standards.
GQC offers training in the below given processes on various materials such as carbon steel, low alloy steels, aluminium alloys, stainless steels, nickel alloys etc. Our training covers all type of joints / welds like fillet, butt and branch in pipe and plate.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) or Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding (Conventional and stove pipe welding techniques)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) or Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) or Metal Active / Metal Inert Gas (MIG/MAG)
- Flux cored arc welding (FCAW)
GQC provides welder training and qualification tests according to the following codes and standards
- BSEN 287-1 / BSEN ISO 9606-1: Qualification testing of welders – fusion welding of steels
- BSEN ISO 9606-2 : 2004 Qualification of welders – Aluminium & aluminium alloys
- AWS D1.1M : Structural welding code – steel
- ASME BPVC IX : Welding and Brazing Qualifications code
- API 1104 : Standard for Welding Pipelines and Related Facilities
- BS 4872-1/2 Qualification of welders without the need for an approved welding procedure